Those looking to get real-world people involved in their hacking in Watch Dogs Legion, you’ll be able to do just that very soon! Ubisoft announced the Watch Dogs Legion multiplayer mode release date and it’s set for March 9!
In a press release, Ubisoft announced that this will be rolled out via a free game update, and has detailed the modes coming to the multiplayer.
- Free-roam open-world co-op where players can team up with their friends for up to four-players and explore London, encounter city events, complete challenges and participate in side activities.
- New co-op missions for two-to-four players using new co-op gameplay mechanics and giving players the opportunity to recruit the perfect team and fight back against London threats across the most iconic landmarks of the city.
- “Leader of the Pack,” the first four-player co-op Tactical Op which will require teamwork and efficiency. It’s made of five interconnected narrative missions which are endgame content, made for players who are seeking a challenge. Players will need to strategize and communicate effectively with their teammates and ensure they’ve upgraded gadgets and recruited a strong cast of characters.
- The first available Player-vs-Player (PvP) mode, Spiderbot Arena, where four players control armed spiderbots and compete in a high intensity free-for-all deathmatch.
Also announced, is that as part of the post-launch plan for the game this year, all players will have access to future free updates such as Invasion PvP mode, all-new co-op missions and free characters! Season Pass owners will also have access later this year to extra DedSec missions, “the Watch Dogs: Legion – Bloodline story expansion, new playable heroes such as Mina, a subject of transhuman experiments who possesses the mind control ability; Darcy, a member of the Assassin Order; Aiden Pearce and Wrench from the Watch Dogs franchise. The Season Pass of Watch Dogs: Legion is available for purchase as part of the Gold, Ultimate and Collector editions.”Guardian Protocol:
Not in Our Name:
- DedSec tracks an algorithm that could allow AI to override human decisions. If they don’t find it, it could be used to turn weaponized drones into autonomous executioners.
- A secret group is stealing DedSec’s name. Worse, they’re also stealing information so their employer, a ruthless tabloid owner, can use it to blackmail their victims.
Mark the date, hackers! The Watch Dogs Legion multiplayer will be accompanied by a patch that should also include gameplay fixes and more.