Harmonix announced today that Rock Band VR will be releasing for Oculus Rift on March 23.
Initially revealed at The Game Awards 2015, Rock Band VR lets player rock out with their band and interact with the crowd in a more immersive way than before. Special moves, like getting down on your knees or tantalizing the crowd with your behind-the-head shredding, will earn players major points with the fans. Banging one’s head to the beat will also increase the length of one’s Overdrive meter.
In the game’s Performance Mode players will experience the story of their band, the Autoblasters, as they grow from only getting minor gigs to rocking out in gigantic stadiums.
Harmonix also released a list of some of Rock Band VR’s features, which you can read below:
- Performance Gameplay: Experiment with different chords, notes and strum speeds to develop your signature sound and make each song your own.
- Classic Mode: Demonstrate your technical prowess on the game’s Classic Mode, featuring the Rock Band note highway and scoring that you all know and love.
- Worldwide Leaderboards: Cement your rock god status by chaining together combos, earning stars and topping the global Rock Band VR leaderboards.
- High-energy Soundtrack: With more than 60 songs from legendary artists and up-and-coming acts, there’s truly something for everyone.
- Rock Band VR DLC: Rock Band VR will support its own catalog of DLC to accompany your rock experience. Stay tuned for more DLC details in March.
A new trailer for Rock Band VR was also released, which you can watch below.
Last edited by a moderator: