Ubisoft have rolled out a patch for the latest update to Rainbow Six: Siege with Operation Wind Bastion. On top of adding support to the game for all the content the new update brings, including two new operators, a new map, new weapon skins, and more, the update also fixes several issues spotted in the game, on top of making some significant balancing changes to existing operators.
Operators including – but not limited to – Bandit, Blitz, Clash, Echo, Frost, Jager, Maverick, and Ying have all received some balancing changes, or have issues ironed out that have been reported by players since previous updates. Meanwhile Ubisoft have also made slight tweaks to various maps, including the likes of Border, Clubhouse, Coastline, Oregon, Themepark, and Villa.
The new update also gives the Rainbow Six shop a “facelift”, allowing players to view weapons in fullscreen, adding a light theme to the fullscreen view, making shop items accessible from the News tab, being able to equip new items immediately, and more. You can find a selection of the patch notes below. For more details, head on over to Ubisoft’s comprehensive update here.
- Fixed – Users are experiencing a large amount of crashes on Xbox One & PS4 since Y3S3.
- Fixed – Reinforcing a hatch with a defuser planted on it will cause the defuser to fall.
- Fixed – Russian rainbow ACOG sight (they stopped talking to Bandit).
- Fixed – User teleports when placing a gadget after interacting with the hostage.
- Fixed – If the player shoots the reinforced wall, the muzzle flash and the bullet trail will pass through.
- Fixed – Melee attack animation is broken during replays.
- Fixed – Players can exploit macros to increase their rate of fire on certain weapons.
- Fixed – Electricity VFX can be seen through the floor.
- Fixed – Prisma deployment issues can cause Alibi’s Prisma to get stuck in surfaces.
- Fixed – Alibi’s hologram doesn’t detect enemies if they’re in Tachanka’s LMG turret.
- Fixed – Attackers don’t receive damage when hitting an electrified surface with melee attacks.
- Fixed – Some throwable gadgets can move through Electified Barbed Wire without receiving damage.
- Fixed – Blitz shield disappears instantly after the shield is switched while in ADS.
- Fixed – When Capitao’s Lethal Bolt is shot directly on a wall, the fire FX is not blocked and DMG is still dealt on the other side of the wall.
- Fixed – Castle can melee kill an opponent through an Armored Panel that was deployed over barbed wire.
- Fixed – Players aren’t awarded a score when destroying Castle’s Armor Panels with non-explosive methods.
- Fixed – Clash loses partial functionality after pressing the primary gadget button during a guard break.
- Fixed – If a player is hit by Doc’s stim pistol shot while under the effect of Echo’s sonic burst, the heal VFX will cut the sonic burst effect.
- Fixed – Yokai’s Sonic Burst Distortion Effect causes the black background to appear on the side of the screen.
- Fixed – Consecutively using sonic bursts on the same target with Yokai will not refresh the Deafen effect.
- Fixed – Yokai’s Sonic burst effect animation is not present for Echo in third person.
- Fixed – Frost Traps can be partially hidden by carpets on certain maps.
- Fixed – Frost Welcome Mat’s cannot be deployed in a certain spots in 2F South Hallway of Coastline.
- Fixed – Frost Welcome Mats are difficult to deploy in 2F rail platform area of Theme Park.
- Fixed – Frost Welcome Mat clips with the rug from Coastline 2F Hallway if the rug is damaged.
- Fixed – No sound when detonating Hibana’s X-Kairos charges.
- Fixed – IQ’s RED Scanner moves too much when shooting her pistol (now less floppy).
- Fixed – Electronics are sometimes not highlighted when on the edge of IQ’s detector.
- Fixed – Unable to pick up Jäger’s ADS if deployed under a Control Terminal in 2F Control Room of Theme Park.
- Fixed – Maestro’s Evil Eye cannot scan or ping through smoke grenades/Capitao’s Smoke Bolt.
- Fixed – The Loadout description for the Alda 5.56 has not been updated to reflect the weapon’s patch changes (now updated).
- Fixed – Maverick is able to break the frames on windows with his gadget, leaving the glass floating in the air.
- Fixed – When placing a Candela on a barricade, Ying’s hand is visible from the other side, revealing her position.
- Fixed – Holding Ying’s Candela gadget applies the blue filter on all the headgears that have the same glass material.
- Fixed – Players can vault into red toolboxes on any map.
- Fixed – Players lose operator functionality when trying to descend a ladder when another operator is nearby.
- Fixed – Users can peek inside EXT Sewer by of Bank.
- Fixed – Cameras and C4 can be thrown through the ceiling of 1F Archives on Bank.
- Fixed – Players can hide under a desk in 1F Tellers’ Office and make it difficult to hit them with bullets.
- Fixed – Operator can get stuck between the printer and the table at 2FOffice on Border.
- Fixed – Player can vault inside ceiling of EXT pedestrian customs on Border.
- Fixed – Defender can hide bulletproof cameras inside the walls on Border.
- Fixed – Attacker can hide in trees next to 2F office balcony on Chalet.
- Fixed – Defenders can vault to the roof outside on Clubhouse.
- Fixed – The vault prompt to the stage lose functionality after reinforcing the wall between 1F Stage and 1F Stock Room of ClubHouse.
- Fixed – Operators with shields clip through the handrails of ClubHouse.
- Fixed – Ying’s Candela and Fuze’s cluster charge don’t penetrate the entire floor at 2F Theater room on Coastline, causing the charges to detonate inside the floor.
- Fixed – The door barricade at EXT Front Door breaks certain vault angle between the stone pillars at EXT Front Alley on Consulate.
- Fixed – Rubberbanding effects after vaulting over yellow steps in Consulate Garage.
- Fixed – Attacker can hide a drone inside the walls of 1F visa office on Consulate.
- Fixed – Drone clips through the wall on Consulate, allowing Drone to see inside.
- Fixed – Textures between reinforceable and indestructible walls in Hereford Base allow bullets to pass through.