PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds has received a brand new update for its PC version. Patch 10 brings a lot of subtle changes that could have profound implications for gameplay, including the speed of the blue zone (the playable area that you have to stay in, as the circle around you contracts)—the new patch makes the blue zone contractions start earlier, but reduces the actual speed, which gives players more time to make a run for a safe area.
There are other changes in this patch too, which include changes made specifically to the desert map Miramar, and changes to the UI of the game. You can check the full list of updates for yourself below.
For now, it seems like this update is only available for the PC version of the game, though I am sure equivalent changes will be introduced to the Xbox One version soon enough. PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is available now on Xbox One and PC.
- Blue zone delay time has been reduced. You’ll be given less time to linger between phases.
- The maximum movement speed of the blue zone has been reduced. The blue zone will move more slowly toward the end of the game.
- The damage inflicted by 7th, 8th, and 9th blue zones has been increased.
- Except for the first blue zone, the probability of creating an extreme safe zone (one far away from the center of the previous circle) has been reduced by 30%.
- The final blue zone will narrow down to the center instead of narrowing down to a random spot, and the total wait time including the blue zone inactive time has been reduced. (195 seconds to 90 seconds)
- As the end of the match approaches, the safe zone will increasingly favor areas with land over areas with water.
- On Erangel specifically, the first safe zone will now be revealed 30 seconds earlier.
- On Miramar specifically, players can now see the first safe zone while flying in the airplane. (We may or may not carry this over to the next live update. We want your feedback about this change.)
- In-game clothing spawns have been removed from all maps. Other item spawn balance remains the same.
- The Oasis can now be found in the north, and Alcantara village has been added to the northwest.
- We’ve added more roads, off-road paths, and car spawning positions to facilitate easy travel into and out of the area.
- Higher-tier loot is now more likely to spawn in specific areas of the north of Miramar.
- We’ve optimized the GPU performance of buildings seen from mid-range (all maps).
- You can now send requests for invitations by clicking the invite button on another player’s career screen.
- If you are a team leader, you can now kick your team members.
- You can also kick any team member using “Team” tab in the friends list, found at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Footsteps should now always make sound when walking on tarp, carpet
- Fixed an issue causing some objects to become invisible at particular distances
- Indoor plants should no longer block bullets
- Fixed and removed some weirdly-placed road signs, plants, and stairs
- Fixed an issue that broke the killer spectating function whenever the killer died too quickly after taking out the spectating player
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused players to take no damage when exiting a moving vehicle