It’s easy to forget that Overwatch is getting a sequel, especially as the BlizzCon 2021 opening ceremonies did not feature any presentation on the long awaited sequel. Thankfully though if you stuck around online and watched the Overwatch 2 Behind-The-Scenes panel presentation — you’ll definitely get some news and what Blizzard has in store for their follow up to the 2015 team-based first-person shooter that has won multiple game of the year awards.
Here’s the full panel to watch before we get to the rundown.
As for the highlights, here’s some of the big stuff that was presented by the Overwatch team thus far.
- Two new maps will be introduced in Overwatch 2 based on real life locations — New York City and Rome.
- A dynamic weather event system will be incorporated into the game, giving terrains challenging elements such as storms and blizzards.
- Hero Missions will be introduced into the game, giving objectives players can complete and finish at their pace.
- Character enhancements and talent tree can be used by players to upgrade and customize their characters of choice.
- Heroes such as McCree, Reaper, Pharah, and Widowmaker get new costumes and looks.
- Story content was teased for the game, as well as the upcoming new character Sojourn.