CHOO CHOO! It’s full Steam ahead for Overcrowd: A Commute ‘Em Up as the highly rated metro management sim sees its official 1.0 launch today.
Following a 15-month journey through Steam Early Access, the full release of Overcrowd arrives with the massive new Everyday People Update, adding a diverse cast of new characters to pamper or neglect as they commute through your station creations.
Take a look at the excellent new launch trailer below:
The 1.0 update also adds new trains, achievements, a range of snazzy staff uniforms, a heatmap tool to analyse customer sentiment, and pigeons.
- Everyday People. Dozens of new commuters, including punks, wheelchair users, hoodies, cane users, suits and more. Lubdon Town feels more vibrant and alive than ever.
- Replayability. Design your stations across a series of procedurally generated maps. No game is the same. Build a single station or a whole network. A daily challenge means there is always a new station to build.
- Deep Systemic Design. Don’t be fooled by the cute pixel art. Beneath the hood lies a deep, systems-based simulation encompassing refuse, power and heat management, crowd control and a consumer-driven economy with stock and pricing.
- Spatial Design. Build your station 4 floors deep, using stairs, escalators and lifts to connect entrances to tracks in the most efficient layouts you can devise. Control the direction of commuters using the innovative crowd flow mechanic.
- Commuter Chaos. Contend with station-wide events from rat plagues to football matches. Watch out for vandals, hoodlums and norovirus too.
- Technology Procurement. Unlock the latest tech to pimp up your station! From turnstiles, tools and ticket machines to pharmacies, pubs, ponds and plants, make your commuters’ journey to work feel special.
- Staff Management. Hire rookies and level them up, or splash out on a master mopper, medic or mechanic. Use a job grid system to prioritise their tasks.
- Price. $19.99/€16.99/£14.99 with a 30% launch discount starting today, 6 October 2020 1pm BST/2pm CEST.
- Platform. Steam, Windows 10 PC
- Steam reviews. 87% positive, 96% recent on Steam (Very Positive).
- Awards. ‘Best Strategy Game’ - TIGA Finalist 2019, ‘Best Game’ - GameMaker Award 2020 Finalist, ‘IndiePrize Finalist’ - Casual Connect, London 2019