Irish Gamers Community

Hello! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Hey Guest , Omega Events, the team behind some of Ireland’s biggest pop culture events including Dublin Comic Con and GamerFest are delighted to be bringing the excitement of Insomnia Gaming Festival to RDS in Dublin for the very first time on November 9th & 10th! See more in This Post and Purchase Tickets and get more information Here

Introduction Thread

Dermot

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all my name is Jason or jay as im known as more.
so i suppose i found this site looking for Irish gamers like myself and my friends paddy and Brendan we all stream together on twitch and YouTube as the 3 and a half men. Brendan and myself jay are from Waterford , paddy is a roscrea man but he lives in Waterford. so please check us out we are by no means great at any game casual gaming you know yourself, but we stream a hole range of games i suppose we do a good bit on cod black ops 4 mostly the black out mode. do a bit of VR as well and brendan is the man for the the likes of until dawn and detroit become human. so if you have nothing else to do look us up on the tube and twitch and enjoy hope to see you over there
Hi. I'm Nate.
I found this site by googling gaming communities. (So yeah, that was easy.)
I'm from Dublin.
I love games to death. I don't take sides in the console wars (Although I show excitement towards Nintendo often.) and my favorite game is Undertale.
I love writing about games and I hope to make a web series about myself and my friend talking about video games, hurting each other and sending bombs to EA, Konami and Phoenix Games.
So yeah. Glad to be here.
Yo,
My names Joe, from Monaghan and found this looking for a gaming forum for Irish people. Happy to have found this place! Have a love of rpg’s mainly and 90% of what Nintendo has to offer. What I’m currently really excited for though is Borderlands3 coming in a little over a week and would love to meet some other people who have a love for the franchise to play through with when the time comes.
Cheers!
Welcome all to the Community!

Feel free to submit your streaming channels if you have one here.

You can also add your own reviews or guides in the relevant sections if you like, user content is always welcome.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

:emoji_thumbsup:

moonjamm

Name is Jack. Found the site by searching on Google for Irish gaming clans.
I'm a PS4 player, same name as username (feel free to add). Been gaming since a kid on and off, recently back into it.
I love playing shooters with a team and having the craic when playing multiplayers going for the objective and win while having a laugh.
Currently enjoying Spider-Man, Hitman, Hitman 2 and Final Fantasy X on the PS4 single players.
Excited for Modern Warfare next month as CODs have been terrible the last few years, but this one looks back to roots.

Dermot

Administrator
Staff member
Name is Jack. Found the site by searching on Google for Irish gaming clans.
I'm a PS4 player, same name as username (feel free to add). Been gaming since a kid on and off, recently back into it.
I love playing shooters with a team and having the craic when playing multiplayers going for the objective and win while having a laugh.
Currently enjoying Spider-Man, Hitman, Hitman 2 and Final Fantasy X on the PS4 single players.
Excited for Modern Warfare next month as CODs have been terrible the last few years, but this one looks back to roots.
Did you try the beta?

Ho5

Found the site by the search 'Irish gamer forum' I think . Just came on here to try to find info for a foreign neighbour who'd asked me if there was a problem with rural Irish b/band for gamers We know the B/B issues but I wondered if gamers needed something special to allow them to compete with international players or is there a 'Gamer Cafe' with super hi-speed that gamers need ?

Dermot

Administrator
Staff member
Well rural internet is a matter of where and how rural, you can't just justify a entire countries broadband structure without specifics and locale.

Ireland has a decent not without it's flaws broadband structure which can be split into many categories from ADSL 2 to to NGB, Satellite and 5G and Fiber and now electricity powered internet from ESB and Vodafone called Siro.

So TLDR; Depends on where in Ireland they are to what caliber of service they will get.

Also, when playing with international players, there will always be a small latency and connect drawbacks, depending on where the game server is located. AKA, If the server is in america and they are and you're in Ireland, their Ping will be much lower and connection to the server much better regardless of how fast your internet is, why competitions are played locally on LANS.

Ho5

Well rural internet is a matter of where and how rural, you can't just justify a entire countries broadband structure without specifics and locale.

Ireland has a decent not without it's flaws broadband structure which can be split into many categories from ADSL 2 to to NGB, Satellite and 5G and Fiber and now electricity powered internet from ESB and Vodafone called Siro.

So TLDR; Depends on where in Ireland they are to what caliber of service they will get.

Also, when playing with international players, there will always be a small latency and connect drawbacks, depending on where the game server is located. AKA, If the server is in america and they are and you're in Ireland, their Ping will be much lower and connection to the server much better regardless of how fast your internet is, why competitions are played locally on LANS.
So, as the game is based in Asia and the players are in UK and IRL there will always be lag issues? As I said the download can be between 6-80 mbps , the ping and jitter they're saying seems to affect it also? Bottom line I'm being told is it's affecting the 'team' now they've moved countries but you say that the best place is to find tournaments with a LAN network here or UK?

Ho5

Update.... I'm being told that players in UK, US are seemingly able to compete with Asian based players without problems , so it just seems to be a problem here?

IRISH-CMAN

Hi guys.

My name is Cormac.

I found this site looking for Irish gamers to play with.

I mainly play Battlefield on the PS4 but I have a beast PC to play games but dont overly as I've no one to play with! I mostly enjoy realism games like Hell Let Loose, Insurgency and Rising Storm. Please add me for some games !

PS4 - Garry_Gunner
Steam - IRISH - steamcommunity.com/id/ciggis/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Videos

Reviews

Past Streams