With Season X introducing the most action in Fortnite yet, it’s interesting to note how Epic Games is changing the overall mobility possible in Battle Royale. In its recent patch notes, it revealed that the Baller was being vaulted. The same goes for the Quad-Crasher and Glider Redeploy.
Epic Games noted in the patch notes that, “Over time, we have added many mobility options, both itemized and map-based. We feel that Season X is better experienced with a reduction in mobility. As with all changes, we’ll keep a close eye on how this affects the player experience.” There is a giant two-player mech called the B.R.U.T.E. to pilot so it’s not like the selection of vehicles is too barren.
In the patch notes, we actually learned more about how the B.R.U.T.E. works. Each player has a separate set of possible functions – the pilot is capable of dashing, jumping and stomping while the passenger can use a shotgun and missile launcher. There’s also an Overshield function which will consume 200 of any Material to generate an overshield for the B.R.U.T.E. This will last for five seconds so use it in a punch.
Weapons + Items
This vehicle can be operated by up to two players. If two players are operating it, one (the driver) controls movement, while the other (the gunner) rains down missiles and shotgun shots.
The driver is able to:
- Dash into combat.
- Super Jump to victory.
- Stomp enemies and structures into the ground.
- Anything you would normally harvest will grant materials when destroyed.
- Clip Size: 10
- Damage: 50
- Headshot Multiplier: 1.5x
- Fires up to 10 missiles at once.
- Holding down Trigger will begin loading missiles.
- After releasing Trigger, or after 10 missiles have been loaded, all missiles will automatically fire.
Consumes 200 of any Material type to create a personal overshield for 5 seconds to protect you in the mech.
- Quad Crasher
- Flint Knock Pistol
- Shadow Bomb
- Semi-Auto Sniper
- Tactical Assault Rifle
- Mounted Turret
- Air Strike
- Itemized Glider Redeploy (still available in large team modes)
- Fixed the Heavy Shotgun not piercing through water in modes where it is available.
- All Campfires now heal vehicles.
- The Storm Scout Sniper Rifle no longer has perfect hip-fire accuracy after aiming down sights.
- Boogie Bombs and Grenades no longer pass through vehicles.