Fortnite: Battle Royale players who saw Wrecking Ball in Overwatch and wanted something similar are in luck. Patch 8.10 is now live and brings The Baller, a vehicle that’s essentially a hamster ball that players can roll around in. It can be found in outposts and loot stashes within pirate camps.
The Baller has 300 HP and should protect you from a sudden onslaught of damage (though whether that makes up for being a huge target remains to be seen). It even has a grappling hook for quick getaways! Those looking for something more substantial in this update might like the Vending Machine changes better.
Instead of Vending Machines costing materials to dispense items, they’ll now provide one item completely free of cost. You only get one though so keep that in mind. The patch has also improved the marker system, combined the matching pools for Xbox One and PS4, and increased the duration of the Infinite dab to 13 hours from 12 hours. Seriously. Check out some of the other major changes below and how The Baller works in the new trailer.
Weapons + Items
- This single seat vehicle is found at Expedition Outposts and around pirate camp loot stashes
- Use the attached Grappler and Boost functionality to pull yourself up cliffs or swing through the trees
- The driver is protected from damage, but The Baller is vulnerable to enemy weapon fire.
- 300 Health
- Removed Common rarity
- Adjusted rarity from Rare/Epic/Legendary to Common/Uncommon/Rare
- Base damage scaling for Common/Uncommon/Rare 36/38/40
- Reduced max stack size from 10 to 6.
- Removed the material cost.
- Each Vending Machine will be destroyed after claiming an item.
- Common and Uncommon Vending Machines have been removed.
- Removed Mounted Turret from Legendary Vending Machine
Reduced availability of Treasure Maps from chest loot 3.25% to 1.65%.
- Fixed rocket smoke trails disappearing instantly on explosion.
- Fixed an issue where the popping audio for Balloons would continue to play after using Balloons to get to max build height while using a vehicle.
- Fixed an issue where Buried Treasure would not auto pickup when the Auto Pickup Weapons setting was enabled.
- Fixed an issue where Buried Treasure chests could be placed on the Starting Island.
- Fixed an issue where using an Impulse Grenade or a Shockwave Grenade while jumping on a Hoverboard causes the player to rapidly rotate.