Irish Gamers Community

Hello! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battletoads is Releasing on August 20

Heaven__

Administrator
Staff member

First announced at E3 last year, the revival of the classic beat ’em up franchise Battletoads has been missing from all major Microsoft showings since then, while developers themselves have remained oddly quiet about it. Recently, the game received age ratings in Brazil and Australia, fuelling speculation that it would be releasing soon. That has now been officially confirmed.

In a new trailer released for the game, Microsoft have announced that Battletoads will be coming to Xbox One and PC less than a month from now, on August 20. The game promises beat ’em up action, but it’s looking like it’s going to be a mishmash of genres beyond that. The trailer has glimpses of platforming sections, arcade shooting, and more. It’s also worth mentioning that the game is looking significantly better than it did at E3 last year. The visuals, too, are looking much sharper and more vibrant. Check out the trailer below.

As with all Microsoft first party games, Battletoads will be available via Xbox Game Pass on PC and console at launch. The game is also available to purchase on Steam.

Ilikeallgames

can'nt wait to play this. I was a massive fan of the gameboy version and the arcade version. i finished both of them i still play the one on the game boy, they were both really difficult to finish but really one of the best games to play. can'nt wait

@Heaven__ do you think it will be on the new xbox when it is released, or will it be backwards compatible?

Heaven__

Administrator
Staff member
can'nt wait to play this. I was a massive fan of the gameboy version and the arcade version. i finished both of them i still play the one on the game boy, they were both really difficult to finish but really one of the best games to play. can'nt wait

@Heaven__ do you think it will be on the new xbox when it is released, or will it be backwards compatible?

@Ilikeallgames

I cannot find anything about Battletoads for Xbox Series X Games but you can check this thread and see what games they have listed.

Check this thread

TBC along side a title simply means to be confirmed. NO release date available at the time of posting.

Dermot

Administrator
Staff member
All Xbox one games will be playable on series x albeit some Kinect games and only the select Xbox and Xbox 360 games on the backwards compatible list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Videos

Reviews

Past Streams